Tuesday 1 December 2015

ROUTE

As an absolute beginner I am pleased to announce that I have already run the 26.3 mile distance of the marathon. It took me seven weeks. Here is my route week eight. 






































Just over four miles and I turn a colour Dulux likes to call Raspberry Bellini. It is a combination of routes. I started with a 2.5 mile circle to Blackfriars and then added Tower Bridge. I like this bit as I remember it from watching the marathon on TV in the north of England with a hangover in previous years. When I moved to London a tour guide told me with a cockney droll that it costs £9.50 to commit suicide from the top of that bridge in 2015, a dark humour that tickles me across.

Imagining the poor souls that had to try and attack it, circling around the Tower of London humbles me. Into the moat for you and into the moat for you too. Again and again. That would have been de-motivating. Wheezing past Tate Modern is always a treat. As an artist who dreamt of exhibiting there as a young man and eventually doing so, I like this place. It spurs me on. I once overheard a couple discussing how industrial the TATE looked from outside. Funny that!

No comments:

Post a Comment